Some Important Tips when Paying Your RE Taxes
Double check the dollar (number) amount to the written amount. If they do not match, the bank will send it back, and your payment could become delinquent.
If the check is made out to you and the Town of Lyndon, please remember to endorse it before mailing it to the office.
If you would like a receipt, please remember to enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope. Envelopes without postage affixed will not be mailed.
Please remember to enclose the tax stub with your payment! This is extremely important so that your payment is applied correctly.
Please write your phone number in the memo portion of the check. This is so that if there are questions or problems with your payment, you can be contacted quickly and the situation can be handled most efficiently.
Please do not staple any documents together.
How & When do I pay my taxes?
To pay your first installment tax payments (due by Jan. 31, 2022):
- In person, at clerk’s office during regular business hours.
- By mail. W6081 CTH N, Plymouth, WI 53073. If you would like a receipt, you must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- At the drop box just outside the front door of the town hall. If you would like a receipt, you must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Payments are no longer to be dropped off at Waldo State Bank.
To pay your second installment tax payments (due July 31, 2022):
- By mail to the county treasurer’s office. Address is printed on your tax bill. If you would like a receipt, you must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- In person, at the county treasurer’s office.
Please do not send your second installment to the town clerk’s office. Any 2nd installment payments will be returned to the sender. TAX OVER PAYMENT REFUNDS No refund is given, unless payment is over the full tax bill amount. Refunds will not be issued for amounts under $5.00.